We consider it an honour and a privilege to play at any wedding. It’s also a great responsibility and one which we take very seriously. You will find that reflected in the level of service you will receive from us.
It is hugely important to us that your wedding ceilidh be a joyous and memorable highlight for you and your family & friends on your special day.
With hundreds of weddings to our credit, we can honestly say every wedding is unique. We will tailor your wedding ceilidh to your wishes and, on the night, to the needs of you and your guests, to maximise everyone’s enjoyment.
In over 20 years of playing, Da Hooley ceilidh band has had a 100% attendance record.
As part of our service, you can expect:
- Dedicated mobile and landline phone connection direct to the band (we don’t use an agent)
- Prompt responses to all email and telephone queries
- Advice on all aspects of your wedding ceilidh including format, venue layout, duration, first dance, etc.
- Our direct liaison with venue managers, wedding organisers, DJs, etc. on your behalf
- ‘Get-to-know-you’ chat to find out your preferences, the origins and experience of your guests, your favourite dances, etc. …and because we love to hear about you and your partner and how we can help make your day special
- …and on the night, a full Master-of-Ceremonies service from our caller (e.g. for announcing the ceilidh to the guests, the cutting of the cake, your first dance, a bouquet toss, etc)
Da Hooley ceilidh band’s standard ceilidh package includes our 4-piece band (accordion/caller, 2 fiddles, and guitar) plus our own sound system. While our expertise is in creating a fun evening of dancing, we can also offer many extras that will help you to make your day just the way you wish. Here’s a list of other options that we can add:
We can offer a tuition session in advance, with our experienced caller and live music. Click for more information about pre-wedding ceilidh dance tuition
Andrew MacIntyre is a hugely-talented piper with an extensive repertoire of tunes for all occasions and ceremonies. Click to find out more about hiring a piper for your wedding.
Background music during the ceremony/signing of the register
We can offer musicians to play during your wedding ceremony and signing of the register. As well as members of our regular ceilidh band, we also have connections with many other musicians, such as a harpist, singer, or cellist. We’re happy to liaise with other musicians who are playing throughout your wedding celebration.
We can set up our sound system before your guests arrive at the venue. Find out more about booking an early setup.
Microphone for speeches
Find out more about arranging for the use of a microphone for your speeches.
PA for background music during your meal
If you are taking the Early Setup option, we can also offer the use of the sound system for playing background music from the time the system is setup. The band member installing up the PA will demonstrate the simple controls to the client or other responsible person.
Extended PA hire
Find out more about hiring our sound system (PA) for playing music after your ceilidh.
We can bring extra lighting for the dance floor. Find out more about hiring our lighting rig